What are rollers? What is the function?
A carrier roller, an important part of a belt conveyor, is a large variety and quantity that supports the weight of the conveyor belt and the material. It accounts for 35% of the total cost of a belt conveyor and generates more than 70% of the resistance, so the quality of the rollers is particularly important. They are available in steel and plastic.
The role of the rollers is to support the conveyor belt and the weight of the material. The rollers must operate flexibly and reliably. Reducing the friction of the conveyor belt against the carrier plays a key role in the life of the conveyor belt, which accounts for more than 25% of the total cost of the conveyor. Although the rollers are a relatively small component in a belt conveyor and the structure is not complex, it is not easy to manufacture high-quality rollers.
The following criteria are used to judge the quality of the rollers: radial run out of the rollers; flexibility of the rollers; axial run out.
GCS Roller series
1) Robust design for heavy lifting.
2) Assembly and welding of bearing housings and steel tubes are done with concentric automation.
3) Cutting of the steel tube and bearing is carried out with digital automatics /machines /equipment.
4) The bearing ends are constructed to ensure that the roller shaft and the bearing can be firmly attached.
5) The manufacture of the rollers is achieved with automatic equipment and tested for 100% concentricity.
6) The rollers and support components/materials are manufactured by DIN /AFNOR /FEM /ASTM /CEMA standards.
7) The housing is manufactured from a highly composite, corrosion-resistant alloy.
8) The rollers are lubricated and do not require maintenance.
9) Service life of over 30,000 hours depending on use.
10) Vacuum sealed and has withstood tests against water, salt, snuff, sand, and dust.
The support bracket facilitates the replacement of the rollers with a roller support device. The lower end of the support is connected to the upper end of the body with fasteners, while the support is connected to the deflectable roller support with pins, and there are rollers on the deflectable roller support.
The roller support usually plays the role of fixing the rollers and supporting the belt, which is an important support structure in the belt conveyor. It is an important support structure for belt conveyors. The high-quality materials used in the manufacture of roller supports also provide stable performance and long service life.
Use of roller support
(1) Fixing the rollers: The high-quality roller bracket is reasonably designed to facilitate the loading and unloading of the rollers and to ensure the flexibility of the rollers while fixing them! The radial run out and axial movement of the rollers are controlled within a reasonable range.
(2) Support for the belt: The support for the rollers is made of high-quality steel and welded with strict technology, which not only has standard specifications but also has a solid structure and can provide stronger support to ensure the smooth transportation of the rollers and the belt.
(3) Preventing deviation: The carrier roller bracket can make a certain adjustment during the running of the belt, which can play an effective role in adjusting the belt and increasing the service life of the belt.
(4) Widely used: the structure of the support roller is light, the process is simple, the service life is long and the maintenance cost is low. It is an affordable and durable support structure that is widely used.
Types of roller supports
The use of roller supports in belt conveyors is characterized by a large variety and quantity. The common types of roller supports are: centering roller supports, deflectable roller supports, slotted roller supports, H-frames, hanger frames, etc.
Advantages of the product
1、Strong support of the support roller bracket, high flexibility, low friction, and long life.
2、Radial run out of the spherical roller support; flexibility; axial tampering.
3、The centering roller support is dust-proof, waterproof, axial bearing, impact resistance, and five key points of service life.
4、It is installed on both sides of the conveyor belt to prevent the belt from running off. It effectively makes the tape run smoothly and reliably.
5、The effect of the center-alignment is remarkable and the structure is simple, which can fully meet the needs of the modern operation development.
The table of commonly used roller combinations is attached.
|Vee Return Assy||Conveyor Frames||Vee Return used on a full range of load carrying operations, to assist with tracking on return side of the belt|
|Conveyor Frames||Offset Trough Frame set for medium to heavy conveyor load operations where trough belt shape is required|
|Steel Trough Set (Inline)||Conveyor Frames||Inline Trough Frame set for medium to heavy conveyor load operations where trough belt shape is required|
|Trough Frame (Empty)||Conveyor Frames||Inline Trough Frame with additional bracing for extra heavy belt load and transfer operations|
|Retractable Trough Frame (Removal)||Conveyor Frames||Retractable Trough Frame for dismantling and removal of complete frame assembly, with the carry belt remaining in place.|
|Steel Trough Set (Offset)||Conveyor Frames||Offset Trough Frame set for medium to heavy conveyor load operations where trough belt shape is required.|
|Transition Frame Impact Offset||Conveyor Frames||Offset Impact Roller Transition Frame with additional strength bracing and fixed degree incremental belt angle adjustment.|
|Transition Frame Steel Offset||Conveyor Frames||Offset Steel Roller Transistion Frame with fixed degree incremenatal belt angle adjustment.|
|Steel Carry Idler + Brackets||Conveyor Rollers||Steel Carry Idler for general medium to heavy load, mid conveyor operation where trough belt angle is not required.|
|Training Return Idler Assy||Conveyor Frames||Return training idler used in various belt widths and diameters for supporting and tracking the belt on the return belt run.|
GCS conveyor roller manufacturer reserves the right to change dimensions and critical data at any time without any notice. Customers must ensure that they receive certified drawings from GCS prior to finalizing design details.
Post time: Mar-31-2022